It has been an amazing journey for superstar gymnast Katelyn Ohashi, and the journey continues with her Drop It Like It's Hot competition meet series. This will be a great opportunity to meet Katelyn and raise funds for Project Heal.
Katelyn's many gymnastics honors include:
Ten-time UCLA All-American
- Ten-time PAC 12 Specialist of the Week (all-time record)
- 2019 PAC 12 Balance Beam, Floor Exercise Co-Champion
- 2018 NCAA and PAC 12 Floor Exercise Co-Champion
- 2018 NCAA Team Champion
- Scored 11 perfect 10's (9 on floor, 2 on beam)
- Four-time USA Gymnastics' Junior National Team member
- 2013 American Cup all-around champion
- 2011 junior national champion
In 2019, Katelyn became a global sensation when a video of her perfect 10 floor routine at the Collegiate Challenge went viral on social media, earning her the nickname "Perfect 10."
Katelyn's joyful smile and sassy, fluid movements make her floor routine look easy. In fact, the routine is "ridiculously hard," says UCLA Coach Valorie Kondos Field. "Every single thing about it including the backward split that she does after her leap pass - it's insane!"